Diner en Blanc Returns to Boston! July 30, 2016
(Boston, MA) June 7, 2016: The hosts of Dîner en Blanc - Boston reveal today the date of this summer’s event: Saturday, July 30, 2016. On the heels of last September’s epic rain-soaked event at Boston City Hall Plaza, this July’s annual secret affair promises another unforgettable evening of elegance, beauty and magic, as it takes over an undisclosed public space whose location is only revealed minutes prior to the commencement of the event. Just over 1,500 foodies, fashion and cultural enthusiasts attended last year’s event, and 2,500 people are expected this year.
“Last year, we were amazed by Boston’s spirit, which shone through in elegance, creativity and enthusiasm despite the stormy weather,” said Bryer Davis, co-host of Dîner en Blanc - Boston. “This year, we can’t wait to see an even bigger and more passionate group at our new incredibly picturesque secret venue.”
“We are especially excited about the addition this year of our celebrity chef partners,” said Linda Davis, co-host. “Stay tuned to see how their delicious creations curated just for Dîner en Blanc will take this event to a whole new level.”
Bystanders will witness groups of guests dressed in white gathering at specific rallying points all across the city. Guided by Dîner en Blanc volunteers, these groups will meet at locations around the city and travel together to converge on one of the city’s most beautiful settings. Every guest brings their own gourmet feast, table, chairs and table setting. Over the course of the evening, they will dine and celebrate amid music, entertainment and dancing.
The evening is filled with visually breathtaking moments including the waving of a cloth napkin to mark the beginning of the dinner and the lighting of sparkler wands to let guests know they are now free to mingle and dance. When, at the end of the evening the trumpet sounds, guests pack up all of their belongings and head back into the night, leaving behind no sign of their revelry.
To maintain the uniqueness of Dîner en Blanc as well as staying true to tradition, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
- Registration to participate happens in three stages: Phase 1 is for members who attended the previous year; Phase 2 is for new members who are referred by Phase I attendees; Phase 3 is for people who signed up on the waiting list via the official website: boston.dinerenblanc.info/register, by July 14, 2016.
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Dîner en Blanc guests must bring:
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- PREPURCHASE Champagne and/or wine. Outside alcohol is prohibited.
As per Massachusetts regulations, guests cannot bring their own alcohol. Guests wishing to enjoy wine or Champagne, must reserve online through the Dîner en Blanc’s e-store.
For more information, contact email@example.com
Leave a CommentLogin
Please log to your Member account to write on the wall: